Clinical Trial Patient Enrollment Is Fundamentally Broken.
Misinformation, competing trials and strict regulatory requirements collide to make it impossible to stand out and grab the attention of potential enrollees.
Our new model combines the best thinking from a mathematical, PESO (paid, earned, shared, owned) media and marketing standpoint to build an agile media model that avoids the typical enrollment problems of clinical trials.
Born out of Operation Warp Speed, each trial is treated as a special campaign with an emphasis on agility, enrollment speed, automation, and a diversification of patient pools for each study.
Five New Models for Clinical Trial Success
- A New Disease-Based Media Model – We shift from the traditional Designated Market Area (DMA) approach to a new analytics-driven model where we build algorithms that factor where people with a disease or disorder live, where specific people live who potentially fit the criteria for the trial and what channels, and what language and content they prefer. This type of modeling allows for a precise focus and makes it easier to see what is working (or not), so a media plan can be adjusted within the same day and nuances are embraced on a local level.
- A New Community Influencer Model – We identify who will have the most influence on participants at the city/town level, where potential participants turn for trustworthy information from local experts and build specific media plans by city/town that match the recruitment goals of each trial site. Community models are then tied in, as are all models, with the overall media plan for the full trial.
- A New Decision-Making Engine – We combine data from the media (paid, earned, shared, and owned media) with proprietary study data (enrollment data, other related trial information) to understand what is working and what is not, so we can adjust our style of outreach, timing and media placement in real time. Our insights inform a new media creation platform that can create ads, for example, in 350+ languages or create dozens of personalized videos in a single day.
- A New Technology Platform – We built our own enrollment software platform, The Trial Tracker, from the ground up. This platform is the missing link bringing candidates to trial sites. It fully supports sites in managing process from candidacy through to consent and enables direct visibility to the full recruitment team across all trial sites in a way that is both PHI and HIPAA compliant. This platform aligns with access to a call center team led by the MedicAlert Foundation to handle incoming and outgoing calls of potential trial participants.
- New Storytizing Software Solutions – We created a new content platform to provide the full story of a trial directly to a potential participant in their preferred channel, further improving decision-making, and a new paid ad unit that also provides a full story vs. a single piece of content at the first point of contact. All solutions are geared to provide the full story at the earliest stage to the potential participant vs. a single piece of content, as is traditionally done.
We work on clinical trials across all phases of development.
Our models are available to industry and clinical researchers across the United States who are interested in unbreaking a broken process.
Our teams are led by Colin Foster & Michael Roth, designed to meet the unique goals of each campaign.
Founder, digital transformer, analytics lover, integrated marcom strategist. With two decades in global roles both client and agency side, Colin has led many organizations through massive change.
Integrated communications executive who builds innovative & impactful programs, supports rapid business growth and counsels C-suite & senior marketing executives across multiple industries.